Giving from abroad

Many of our international donors choose to give by BACS transfer but there are laws governing tax relief on gifts to registered charities which will depend upon where you live 


Latymerians living in the US have a not for profit company, US Friends of Latymer Upper School (USFOL), which has been granted tax-exempt status by the US Internal Revenue Service. Its sole aim is to support the USFOL Sixth Form scholarship which is awarded every other year to an able young person from a low income background. Your donation to the US Friends earns you exactly the same tax relief as any other donations you make to US charities

To make a donation online please visit the USFOL website.

If you would like to make a donation by cheque, please send it to the Treasurer, Ron Phillips (1957) at US Friends of Latymer Upper School, 672 W. Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA 92029 or contact him at

For further details on how to support Latymer from the USA please contact or visit the USFOL website.

If you are a US taxpayer working in London, you can donate through Anglo-American Charity Limited in favour of Latymer Foundation at Hammersmith. It is possible to take advantage of tax relief benefits in both the UK and the US via Anglo-American Charity. Please see for details of how to make a gift. Do not forget to state that your interest is in the Latymer Foundation at Hammersmith.

To read more about giving from America, please click here


Latymerians living in Canada can make their donations to the Canadian Friends of Latymer which is a charitable foundation under Canadian tax law. Any such donation may be fully tax deductible. If you would like to make a donation by cheque, please send it to Trevor Jones (1957) at 176 Old Yonge St Toronto Ontario M2P 1P9. For further details on how to support Latymer from Canada please contact Trevor at


Many European countries are now giving tax efficient benefits for cross-border philanthropic gifts and donations to support foreign charities. The Latymer Foundation is a registered charity in the UK. If you pay tax in a European country, you may be eligible to receive tax benefits.

For more information, please visit


The laws on legacies to registered charities will depend upon where your Will is made and where you reside. We recommend that you consult a local lawyer if making or changing your Will to check how legacies to a UK charity are currently treated.

For US residents:

Please note that if you are resident in the United States, a bequest can be made directly to “The Latymer Foundation” or to the “U.S. Friends of Latymer Upper School”, which has been granted tax-exempt status by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.

For Canadian residents:

In a similar way bequests can be made directly to “The Canadian Friends of Latymer Prep School and Upper School”. The trust is a charity under Canadian law and therefore qualifies for tax-exempt status.

For European residents:

Although there is a new EU proposal that would harmonise inheritance rules, currently cross-border estates present particular issues. Please consult a local lawyer if considering a gift to Latymer in your estate plans.

As always, we recommend you seek the advice of a lawyer if making or changing your Will.